Monday, August 4, 2008

Have you put air in your tires today?

Before I get into my rant I would like to thank all of you who have had such encouraging words about the site. There is much functionality that needs to be improved, but with your help I'm confident that we can make this site better and reach the audience we need to hear his message.

Since I blogged on Obama, oil and tax bribes yesterday, I was going to shift attention to McCain some of his policies. However, when the presumptive nominee of the Democratic party makes a announcement that he is going to call for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) to be tapped to the tune of 70 million barrels just days after saying that we just need to put air in our tires to solve our energy problem, I felt compelled to talk on that.

The SPR has been amassed over several decades to protect us against cataclysmic events, such as Hurricane Katrina. It is there to be used when the country is in dire need; in serious trouble. I understand that $4 gas is a problem that must be dealt with, but at this point that price has not reached crisis level. I for one am unwilling to accept that cheaper gas is worth putting the security of this great nation in peril. In fact on July 7 Obama himself, in opposition to Speaker Pelosi, was quoted as saying "I have said and in fact supported a congressional resolution that said we should suspend putting more oil into the strategic oil reserve but the strategic oil reserve I think has to be reserved for a genuine emergency."

What "genuine emergency" have we faced since July 7? Oil futures were at $141 then and the are $121 today. I would think that trend represents something quite different than a "genuine emergency."

The only "genuine emergency" I see here is that Obama is now running Nancy Pelosi's playbook! God help us all.

God Bless America,
Erik
erik@exchangeyourgovernment.com

No comments: