Thursday, August 28, 2008

The same ol' Bubba...

I am the last guy to compliment Bill Clinton. He takes, and is given, more credit than he deserves for the peace and prosperity of the 90's. The man should have "Bill Gates Rocks" tattooed on his body somewhere. Without the computer/internet boom and the economic growth it spurred, there are no budget surpluses for Bubba to hang his hat on. Thank you Bill, Gates that is.

As for the peace portion, the Bush 41 presidency had just squelched the Iraq problem, Lybia and Russia were still licking the wounds Reagan inflicted on them in the 80's. Who else would cause us any problems?

There was something about Bubba though. I loved to hear the man speak. I hated his politics, but he was so charismatic and engaging I just had to listen. Last night was much of the same. That man knows how to work a room. He knows how to connect with a crowd. He knows how to pull the wool over a nations eyes.

That is the legacy of the Clinton presidency in my eyes, it was one big charade. He took credit for others work then, and he continues to do the same today. But boy, could that man give a speech.

So, as I sit hear awaiting the Messiah's acceptance speech, I remind myself that words are only words, you are defined by you actions. What had Obama done? Other than giving a bunch of speeches, I'm not sure anything.

God Bless America,
EG
erik@exchangeyourgovernment.com

1 comment:

Tommy said...

What's worse, Clinton taking the credit, or ignorant democrats continuing to give it to him?