Friday, August 15, 2008

Support the Jimmy Fund...

One of the first news stories I read today was about McCain raising $27 million in July. That is a staggering amount of money, and it still lags far behind the Obama fundraising machine. I plan on giving a full account of my thoughts the outrageous capital spent to get politicians elected, but for today I ask if you have it in you budget to spare a few bucks, please go to www.weei.com and make a donation to the Jimmy Fund. As of noon, when I lost the signal heading north to Bangor, ME, they had raised $2 million since 6 am yesterday. Their goal this year is $4 million before midnight, so please help if you can.

Why am I in Bangor, ME? Well, this weekend my brother's directorial debut "A Call to Action" http://www.iclips.net/acta.php is screeening at the Bangor Film Festival on Friday. Saturday is our 18th annual family golf tournament and Sunday is my father's 60th birthday party. Happy birthday Dad! Thank you for always being there to support us. I love you.

God Bless America,
EG
erik@exchangeyourgovernment.org

PS- I know a number of you have been requesting a comments section below each blog entry. I am working on a resolution to that functionality as we speak and hope to have it up in the next week or so!

No comments: